505 Games has today announced that Jeremy Soule (known for his works in KOTOR, Oblivion) and Joss Ackland (Lethal Weapon 2) will perform the audio for IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, by 1C Publishing. Soule will be applying his unique talents and compose an exclusive European soundtrack, while Ackland’s momentous, timeless and distinctive tones will result in the backbone of the game’s narration in its UK and US version.
Ackland is a distinguished stage actor from London, and has also appeared as a chameleonic cad in more than 100 films. Even if he’d rather not be cast, he has given his voice to lots of characters, such as Archchancellor Ridcully in Terry Pratchett’s "Hogfather", Ambassador Lysenko in "The Hunt for Red October", and Winston Churchill in "Above & Beyond". He also played the South African heavy in "Lethal Weapon II" and the voice of the black rabbit in "Watership Down!" back in the days.
Soule is instead a multi-award winning composer and is a native of the videogame world, as he composed music for the best games during the past ten years. His portfolio includes "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic", "Company of Heroes", "Harry Potter", "Total Annihilation", "SOCOM: The Navy Seals" and the "Elder Scrolls" series; all of them own a distinctive aural environments and many more characteristics due to Soule’s work. Soule has shown his versatility and professionalism by makign simple jobs with "Rugrats" and "Lemony Snicket", or giving a unique Asian style to "Guild Wars: Factions", or by helping "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" get its $744 million-earning.
"IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey" has been developed by Gaijin Entertainment for Xbox 360 and PS3, by DiP Interactive for Nintendo DS and by DYNAMICSYSTEMS for PSP, and will feature the greatest aerial battles of all time, during the Second World War, giving you the most realistic landscapes and aircraft ever seen in the history of flight simulation.
These are the features as announced by the publisher:
- Authentic World War II atmosphere
- Engage in more than 50 thrilling missions from famous historical battles over Eastern and Western Europe.
- Five theatres of war to engage in, including The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun’ representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe.
- Fly historically accurate aircraft, from the iconic Spitfire to the Mustang and of course the Ilyushin IL-2!
- Completely flexible difficulty level system: from arcade to realistic simulation c
- Thrilling multiplayer modes: Dogfight, Team Deathmatch, Ground Strike and Capture the Airfield
- Cutting edge, highly-detailed visuals, realistic sound and original music
505 Games will publish "IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey" on the 1C Label for PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS and PSP later in 2009. For further information, please visit http://www.1cpublishing.com.