0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on January 25, 2013 under Featured, PC Gaming
Dean "Rocket" Hall, the man behind the initial DayZ zombie survival modification for Arma II, has released a new update on the status of his standalone version of the game. While he's no closer to announcing a release date - despite missing the end of 2012, he does at least appear in good spirits. We heard just a while ago that he was considering whether to even continue, due to the negative pr... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on January 24, 2013 under Featured, Mobile, PC Gaming
While we might now know that Relic Games has been bought up by Sega, it seems that THQ - what's left of it - could still be maintaining the rights to the Homeworld franchise that is beloved by so many strategy gamers. Now though, an indie media firm is trying to get fans to band together so that they can buy up the license. The Indiegogo page features footage from the first two games and Home... more.
2 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on January 23, 2013 under Featured, Playstation 3, Wii, Xbox 360
For a long time, gaming has been considered a pursuit of the young. Whether you were part of the original generations of growing-up gamers that had an Atari of some kind, or early PCs, whether your parents bought you a NES or a PS1, you were a child gamer. It's only in recent times though, that we've really begun to accept that gamers are getting older. However, while those in their mid-30s c... more.
1 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on January 22, 2013 under Featured, Xbox 360
Durango, Xbox 720, the Next Xbox, whatever you want to call it, it's Microsoft's next gen machine, due for reveal some time in the early parts of this year. However, due to some leaked documents from a few months back, we've now got a pretty good look at what the console will have under the hood. The leak comes from the aptly named, VGleaks, who not only have a specifications rundown, but an im... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Matthew Vicente on January 22, 2013 under Featured, PS3 Reviews
The recent reboot to Capcom's Devil May Cry franchise developed by Ninja Theory has been an ongoing topic of controversy ever since it was announced. Some fans of the originals have been crying foul at the redesign of Dante and anything else that didn't mimic the older titles. Gameplay footage and the demo release swayed some, but others remained certain that the game was an abomination doomed... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on January 21, 2013 under Featured, Mobile, PC Gaming
It seems like a lot of iconic brands are in trouble these days, whether it's HMV, THQ or Jessops, yet this one could hurt gamers hearts the most. Atari, once creator of stellar home consoles and computers, has now filed for bankruptcy in the US. This isn't the end of days for the brand however, more of a change of setup. The LA Times explained it like so: "Its leaders hope to break the Ameri... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Matthew Vicente on January 20, 2013 under Featured, PC Reviews
I apologise for the lateness of my review on Far Cry 3, but illness has forced me to catch up on some of the leading game titles. Ubisoft's latest installment of the Far Cry series is an ambitious game that succeeds in a lot of areas but also stumbles in others. Set up as a sand box FPS, the player is given a great amount of freedom to explore islands when not in the thick of story missions. ... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on January 18, 2013 under Featured, Playstation 3
PlayStation 4, PS4, PlayStation Orbis, Next PlayStation, whatever you believe Sony's next-gen machine is going to be called, one thing looks certain, the dual shock controller that has been a part of PS gaming since the 90s, is set to change forever, as Sony is dropping the traditional design. This was brought to light by a "senior games studio source," of CVG, who claims that the controller de... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on January 17, 2013 under Featured, PC Gaming
Riot Games, the company behind phenomenal free to play success story, League of Legends, has changed up the way it handles ranked matches for the beginning of season 3, where gifted amateurs that rise through the ranks will be able to compete against pro teams. For the first time in season 3, there will be a full six tiers of competitive play in ranked games, beginning with bronze and rising ... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on January 16, 2013 under Featured, PC Gaming
If you've been eagerly anticipating playing Defiance, an MMO FPS that pits humans vs aliens in a full on PvP war, then the next few days are going to be quite exciting for you. Starting 18th January at 8am PST (4pm GMT) and ending on 20th January at 9pm PST (5am GMT) you'll be able to slay aliens and humans alike in a short public beta event. Anyone can joint in as long as they have a beta key.... more.
- Sony and Microsoft continue mud slinging... Filed under: Featured, Xbox 360
- Batman vs all his old pals in full Origins Trailer... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, Playstation 3, Wii U, Xbox 360
- Hardware is looking more and more badass... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming
- Metro Last Light Review (PC)... Filed under: Featured, PC Reviews
- Here’s what I’m playing this weekend, what about you?... Filed under: Board Games, Featured, PC Gaming
- New improved GoldenEye 007 ... Filed under: Featured, Playstation 3, PS3 News, Wii, Wii News, X360 News, Xbox 360
- Dark Souls Preview... Filed under: Featured, Playstation 3, PS3 News, X360 News, Xbox 360
- Mass Effect 3 – Eurogame... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, PC Previews, Playstation 3, PS3 News, X360 News, Xbox 360
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensi... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, PC Previews, Playstation 3, PS3 News, X360 News, Xbox 360
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, PC Previews, Playstation 3, PS3 News, X360 News, Xbox 360
- Dean “Rocket” Hall comments on WarZ “saga”
- Blacklight: Tango Down interview with Jared Gerritzen
- Why Square Enix’s in-game tracking is a worrying trend
- Double Fine’s Brad Muir dishes out BRAZEN details
- Ignition Entertainment announces Blacklight: Tango DownIgnition Entertainment annuncia Blacklight: Tango Down