0 CommentsPosted by Karin E. Skoog on April 17, 2012 under Uncategorized
How is it that a 5th grader discovered how to create not only a video game but a video game for the blind? Ten year old Dylan Viale used GameMaker, which aids in designing games and his own creativity and drive. His motivation? A desire to share his love for video games with his blind grandmother. He used sound clues to guide the player through a maze – a “cha-ching” sound for each ... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Karin E. Skoog on April 14, 2012 under Featured, Playstation 3, PS3 News
To be fair, the jacket alone doesn’t cost that much…this premium edition of Resident Evil 6 also includes the game (imagine that!) and four phone cases – one each for Leon, Chris, Luke, and a random secret design. What is so special about this jacket? It is Leon’s leather jacket and only 5,000 of these will be sold, direct from Japan (for ¥100,000; $1,300; or £815). (Wonder how fa... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Karin E. Skoog on April 13, 2012 under Uncategorized
Turns out the government can have a dramatic impact on video game development. The upcoming tax break for development companies in the UK is expected to create over 4,600 jobs and £188 million ($285 million) in investments over the coming five years. This is an important step for the UK, as the video game industry has experienced a decline while other countries have seen tremendous growth. ... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Karin E. Skoog on April 12, 2012 under PC Gaming, PC News
Ever think Facebook would get console games like Dead Rising and Saints Row? Social networking games have just reached a new level. Gaikai is a company that uses cloud gaming to run games through the internet. As of this week, Gaikai allows Facebook users to try seven games – Saints Row – The Third, Dead Rising 2 – Off the Record, Magicka, Sniper – Ghost Warrior, The Witcher 2 – Ass... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Karin E. Skoog on April 11, 2012 under Featured, Playstation 3, PS3 News
When you buy a game, you expect to pop it in your system and start playing, right? That’s the way it should work, but that isn’t always the case… Some games claim that their downloadable content is free via game packaging, but customers are often in for a surprise when they try to access that content. On top of paying a premium for these games, customers are unable to access DLC witho... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Karin E. Skoog on April 10, 2012 under Featured
Ever think the word “hacker” would look good on your resume, possibly landing you a government job with a salary of over $100,000 a year? Of all the potential employers in the world, the U.S. Navy wants to hire video game hackers…What for? To catch terrorists plotting and scheming over Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network. For some time, there has been growing concern regarding terro... more.
1 CommentsPosted by Karin E. Skoog on April 7, 2012 under X360 News, Xbox 360
Gamers regularly interact with strangers online, creating a portal for sexual predators to reach kids via Xboxes and PlayStations. How is it that these channels weren’t closed to sex offenders sooner? On Thursday, the state of New York finally decided to close the online game accounts of over 3,500 registered sex offenders and will further ensure children’s safety with weekly updates ... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Karin E. Skoog on April 6, 2012 under Playstation 3, PS3 News
For some time now, a dispute has been debated over the likeness of NFL players in Madden NFL. Not only does Madden NFL include exact “height, weight, position, experience, and athletic skills” of each player, but Madden takes “likeness” one step further to accurately portray physical features…without paying for the privilege. San Francisco U.S. District Judge Richard Seeborg de... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Karin E. Skoog on April 5, 2012 under Featured
For quite some time, gamers have speculated about next gen consoles and rumors have been flying. Nerds rejoice – finally, news about the upcoming PlayStation is here! We are less than two years away from the new PlayStation, with an expected release for holiday season 2013. Although previous articles and rumors referred to the next gen PlayStation as the PS4, it will actually be called Or... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Karin E. Skoog on April 4, 2012 under Uncategorized
Kotaku’s personal appeal article echoes many of my own fears about the present and future of gaming in regard to race and gender. Although the proud father who authored the article is genuinely excited for his young daughter to experience video games, he is nonetheless concerned about absence of positive Black protagonists and the “exoticized and fetishized” existence of female gamers. ... more.
- Mirror’s Edge 2 shows up on Amazon Germany... Filed under: Featured, Xbox 360
- Paths in Wildstars are quite different from most MMOs... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming
- Sony and Microsoft continue mud slinging... Filed under: Featured, Xbox 360
- Batman vs all his old pals in full Origins Trailer... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, Playstation 3, Wii U, Xbox 360
- Hardware is looking more and more badass... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming
- New improved GoldenEye 007 ... Filed under: Featured, Playstation 3, PS3 News, Wii, Wii News, X360 News, Xbox 360
- Dark Souls Preview... Filed under: Featured, Playstation 3, PS3 News, X360 News, Xbox 360
- Mass Effect 3 – Eurogame... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, PC Previews, Playstation 3, PS3 News, X360 News, Xbox 360
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensi... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, PC Previews, Playstation 3, PS3 News, X360 News, Xbox 360
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, PC Previews, Playstation 3, PS3 News, X360 News, Xbox 360
- Chilean Game Company Needs Investors – Creating an Audio-Based Game for the Blind
- The Future of Prestigious Awards for Video Games – Pulitzer Prize, Noble Prize, Etc…
- Tales of Pirates: the new version 2.0 coming up
- The Godfather II – interview with Joel Wade
- Across the Border: The Future of Video Games for Mexico, Mexican Americans, and the World at Large