0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on December 5, 2012 under Featured, Wii U
While we've heard reports that NTSC Wii games have been receiving the Wii U upscale treatment when played on Nintendo's new console, it turns out that PAL versions of those games don't have that option at all. NTSC users have been reporting that with their older Wii games, they've had the choice to play it at a traditional 480p, or upscale it to 1080p. However, Eurogamer has it that there is no... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on November 26, 2012 under Wii U
While the Wii U might already be selling like proverbial cakes of an above average temperature, it has some other uses that might lead to some extra sales if Nintendo plays it right. One such use is as a home console on the move. Ok so you need a power outlet, but other than that you're all set. This is because the Gamepad has a built in display, so how about taking it on the train? That's what... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on November 20, 2012 under Featured, Wii U
With the Wii U now available in the US, reports of various functions of the console are coming in. However one of the most interesting, one that wasn't declared by Nintendo, is that original Wii games appear to be upscaled by the console. While it's not the same as the game being natively produced and outputting at 1080p, users are reporting that original Wii titles that are upscaled to 1080p... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on November 13, 2012 under Featured, Wii U
With its release less than a week away in the US and just over two weeks away in the EU, the Wii U has managed to eclipse its predecessor in pre-orders. WiiUDaily has confirmation that the next-gen console has had over 400,000 units allocated to the US for launch day, with GameStop alone has had gamers reserve over a quarter million of them. In the UK, pre-orders at GameStop and GAME have been ... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on November 2, 2012 under Wii U, Xbox 360
While I think ultimately people that consider themselves true console gamers are more excited for what super HD offerings Microsoft and Sony will be showing off next year, the release of the Wii U is only a few short weeks away. On top of that Microsoft's Smartglass just landed and already there are a few compatible games available. Currently they don't take much advantage of the tech, but it's ne... more.
1 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on October 29, 2012 under Featured, Wii U
The multiplayer mode for the upcoming Wii U launch title, ZombiU, has been detailed by the folks over at ONM, with the developers describing it as "hell within hell, " though the place gamers will spend most of their time while in multiplayer is officially called: "St. George's Yard." Set within the confines of London during a zombie outbreak, the director of ZombiU's development at Ubisoft, Ga... more.
- New Aliens Colonial Marines story trailer bursts out of the internet’s chest... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, Playstation 3, Xbox 360
- Bioshock Infinite alternate cover art revealed... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360
- League of Legends champion prices to drop... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming
- Dean “Rocket” Hall comments on WarZ “saga”... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming
- Valve to investigate War Z misleading Steam page... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming
- New improved GoldenEye 007 ... Filed under: Featured, PS3 News, Playstation 3, Wii, Wii News, X360 News, Xbox 360
- Dark Souls Preview... Filed under: Featured, PS3 News, Playstation 3, X360 News, Xbox 360
- Mass Effect 3 – Eurogame... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, PC Previews, PS3 News, Playstation 3, X360 News, Xbox 360
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensi... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, PC Previews, PS3 News, Playstation 3, X360 News, Xbox 360
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ... Filed under: Featured, PC Gaming, PC Previews, PS3 News, Playstation 3, X360 News, Xbox 360